We, the undersigned, citizens and residents of Canada, call upon the Government of Canada to:
1. Strengthen regulatory definitions to include more harmful single-use plastic items and close loopholes that currently allow plastic items to be replaced with more durable problematic plastic;
2. Remove the exemption that allows banned products to continue to be manufactured and exported;
3. Revise the retail sales exception on single-use plastic straws so people needing them for medical purposes can request them;
4. Implement a clear and staged action plan to eliminate single-use plastics by 2030; and
5. Bring these proposed regulations into force six months after they are published.