We, the undersigned, citizens of Canada, call upon the House of Commons in Parliament assembled to:
1. Call an immediate inquiry, independent of the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces, to review child sexual abuse that occurred on the bases in Canada and to make meaningful changes based upon the findings of the inquiry;
2. Pass legislation that nullifies the 3-year time bar which existed prior to 1998 when the matter being investigated involves child sexual abuse committed by a person subject to the Code of Service Discipline;
3. Pass legislation that retroactively nullifies any decision made prior to 1998 by a commanding officer to dismiss any charge amounting to child sexual abuse that had been brought their subordinate;
4. Pass legislation mandating that the Canadian Forces Military Police and CFNIS be barred from participating in child sexual abuse investigations and prosecutions;
5. Amend the National Defence Act so that crimes amounting to child sexual abuse are no longer considered "Service Offences" triable by military tribunal.