We, the undersigned, citizens of Canada, call upon the House of Commons in Parliament assembled to:
1. Increase punishments under section 255(1)(a)(i) to $2,000, (ii) $5,000 plus 120 days imprisonment, (iii) $10,000 plus 1 year imprisonment and lifetime ban on driving;
2. Establish minimum sentences of 5 years for an offence under section 255(2) and 10 years under section 255(3), for each victim, to be served consecutively;
3. Allow the impound of a vehicle being driven by an individual charged and subsequent seizure of said vehicle upon conviction regardless of ownership;
4. Require the use of an ignition interlock for any person convicted under section 255 for a minimum period of 2 years after imprisonment;
5. Any person who knowingly and willingly allows another person to operate their own vehicle while impaired be charged under section 255(1);
6. Abolish suspended sentences or house arrest for anyone convicted under section 255; and
7. Victim surcharges should apply.