The cause of Multiple Sclerosis (MS), and other neurovascular/neurological conditions, is unknown;
Recent research has shown that the covering around the brain (meninges) has a lymphatic system intended to protect it and to drain and cleanse it of impurities and that this system contains immune cells so the immune system, activated by impurities behaves as it should; and
The proper working of this lymphatic system depends on drainage through lymphatic vessels in the meninges and the draining veins (the jugular veins, the vertebral veins running down the back of the neck and the azygos vein in the chest) which must be open and draining properly.
We, the undersigned, citizens or residents of Canada, call upon the Minister of Health to urge provincial and territorial health ministers to provide
1. Access to testing of the jugular, vertebral and azygos veins for people with Multiple Sclerosis and with neurological diseases such as Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) and Dementia generally;
2. Access to interventional radiologists to perform angioplasty (commonly used now for venous obstructions) on these veins if the testing indicates abnormalities that impede blood flow to and from the brain;
3. Collection of data from patients before treatment to establish baselines and follow-up and collection of data after treatment;
4. Data collected to Health Canada for dissemination; and
5. Research funding into the vascular connection to all neurological diseases.
There is no obligation on the part of any Member of Parliament to sponsor an e-petition. Neither the House of Commons nor any Member of Parliament sponsoring a petition endorses the views or information contained in any e-petition posted on this website. Moreover, they do not make any representations about, or assume any liability for, any of the information set out in any e-petition. No e-petition posted on this website is protected by parliamentary privilege until presented by a Member of Parliament to the House of Commons.