We, the undersigned, citizens of Canada, call upon the Government of Canada to:
1) Recognize that the People’s Republic of China’s disregard for democracy, human rights, international law, and the territorial integrity of its neighbors, including Taiwan, pose a grave threat to the rules-based international order;
2) Deepen engagement with the Republic of China (Taiwan), and Support Taiwanese participation in multilateral agencies such as the WHO and ICAO;
3) Recognize that the Republic of China (Taiwan) is a robust and vibrant democracy which is particularly vulnerable to the aggressive actions of the government of the People’s Republic of China;
4) Immediately sign a foreign investment protection agreement with Taiwan and strengthen Canada's trading relationships with democratic societies, and stand with those fighting for their freedom, such as the people of Taiwan; and
5) Show solidarity with Taiwan’s armed forces against the military aggression of the People’s Liberation Army with regular transits by the Royal Canadian Navy through the Taiwan strait, and investigate the possibility of signing a Defence Treaty with Taiwan.