We, the undersigned, citizens and residents of Canada, call upon the House of Commons to:
1. Suspend all high-level political contact with Burma and do not recognize the junta State Administration Council (SAC) as the legitimate government;
2. Impose and enforce sanctions on all military-affiliated companies and entities, as recommended by the UN Fact-Finding Mission on Myanmar and Justice for Myanmar campaign;
3. Engage with international partners to seek a global arms embargo on Burma;
4. Suspend all financial assistance and loans to central government channels, including funding to the peace process through the Joint Peace Fund (JPF) and redirect this aid directly to civil society;
5. Support all efforts to empower a democratic federal government in Burma which recognizes the legitimate voices and concerns of all the various territories and nationalities contained therein;
6. Continue and expand cross-border humanitarian assistance to support ethnic civil society and internally displaced persons, as well as Thai-based refugee camps; and
7. Renew Canada’s multi-year financial commitment to support the Rohingya that is set to expire at the end of March 2021.