We, the undersigned, residents and citizens of Canada, call upon the Government of Canada to:
1. Declare the overdose crisis a national public health emergency;
2. Involve people affected by this crisis and meet with the provinces to develop a comprehensive, pan-Canadian action plan, comprehensive supports and reforms other countries have adopted to reduce drug-related fatalities and stigma;
3. Create and fund a national safe supply program that extends beyond the COVID-19 pandemic to regulate illicit drugs and ensure the safe supply of pharmaceutical alternatives to toxic drugs;
4. Decriminalize all drugs, people who possess drugs for their own use;
5. Expand the legal protection in the Good Samaritan Act to all drug-related charges, and protect those with warrants for their arrest and without citizenship status; and
6. Expand federal funding for Overdose Prevention Sites (OPS) and Consumption and Treatment Services (CTS).