We, the undersigned, citizens and residents of Canada, call upon the Government of Canada to:
1) Refer Sri Lanka to the International Criminal Court (ICC);
2) Submit for trial to the ICC members of the GoSL and its forces who are significant contributors to the genocidal activities as outlined in Articles III and IV of the Convention;
3) Sanction travel bans and asset freezes on the identified war criminals in Sri Lanka to advance accountability and justice in following suit with the United States' Department of State’s travel ban on Shavendra Silva;
4) Impose economic sanctions on Sri Lanka;
5) Petition the United Nations to conduct an international, impartial and independent mechanism into the conduct of the GoSL and its forces; and
6) Ensure the new resolution mandates stopping the ongoing genocide against Tamils and proposes a referendum with international monitors and victims’ participation, to ensure Tamils’ rights to self-determination.