We, the undersigned, ENOUGH ONTARIO - Advocating for stricter laws and penalties for impaired driving, call upon the Government of Canada to:
1. Amend current laws to a zero tolerance policy, like truck and novice drivers, where no amount of drugs and/or alcohol is acceptable, so that there is no confusion, argument or debate;
2. Create new offences for Substance Induced Vehicular Manslaughter (SIVM) and Substance Induced Vehicular Injury (SIVI);
3. Ensure that any person accused of SIVM or SIVI is remanded into custody until a trial date has been set;
4. Include a maximum sentence of 15 years, without the possibility of parole, for SIVM; and
5. Make a first offence for SIVM or SIVI subject to a five-year driving suspension and the inability to own a vehicle.