We, the undersigned, supporters of adequate housing in Canada, call upon the Government of Canada to adopt the Recovery for All plan put forward by the Canadian Alliance to End Homelessness, which includes:
1. Committing to the elimination of homelessness (with timelines and targets) and expanding federal investment in community-based homelessness responses;
2. Meaningfully implementing the right to housing to resolve inequities and systemic/structural breakdowns that contribute to homelessness and housing need;
3. Building a minimum of 370,000 new units of supportive and affordable housing and developing a new Homelessness Housing Benefit;
4. Stopping the loss of affordable rental housing to financialization by limiting purchases of distressed housing by large capital funds and supporting non-profit and public sector acquisition;
5. Putting in place a national guaranteed minimum income; and
6. Implementing an Indigenous led, urban, rural and Northern Indigenous housing strategy.