We, the undersigned, citizens and residents of Canada, call upon the House of Commons to:
1. Strengthen rules for Canadian businesses operating overseas and uphold human rights;
2. Make the Canadian Ombudsperson for Responsible Enterprise independent and empowered to compel evidence and witness testimony under oath;
3. Enact a human rights due diligence law that compels businesses to respect international human rights;
4. Hold hearings on the human rights situation in the Philippines in the parliamentary human rights sub-committee during the current session of Parliament;
5. End Canadian support to the Government of the Philippines, including socio-economic and financial programming, tactical, logistical and training support, military sales and defence cooperation; and
6. Mandate Canadian consular personnel to protect human rights defenders.