We, the undersigned, citizens and residents of Canada, call upon the Government of Canada to:
1. Declare a public health emergency due to overdose deaths in Canada;
2. Reframe the overdose crisis in Canada as a health issue rather than a criminal issue;
3. Take a comprehensive, multi-faceted approach to the overdose crisis, by addressing issues of addiction, poverty, housing, health care, racial discrimination, and economic inequality and instability;
4. Listen to and act on recommendations made by social workers, front-line workers, nurses, doctors, drug users, and individuals directly involved in the drug-using community;
5. End the wasteful and ineffective war on drugs; and
6. Decriminalize personal possession of all drugs in Canada and guarantee a safe supply of drugs in Canada.