We, the undersigned, Canadians and permanent residents, call upon the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship to offer the following accommodations to accelerate the reunification of families with ongoing Spousal Sponsorship Applications by:
1) Creating a Special Temporary Resident Visa (STRV), for outland applicants, with reasonable eligibility criteria and conditions;
2) Allowing spouses with their children from visa-required countries to easily apply for the STRV online;
3) Issuing and delivering multi-entry STRVs electronically and expediently;
4) Increasing the processing capacity to handle the backlog of new, delayed, and overdue spousal sponsorship applications;
5) Allocating a specifically designated budget to expedite applications that exceed the 12-month spousal sponsorship timeline;
6) Defining specific completion timeline targets for applications in process for 12 months or more; and
7) Allowing spouses and children to visit Canada for the purpose of reunification and well-being during the sponsorship process.