We, the undersigned, citizens of Canada, call upon the Government of Canada to:
1. Instruct Health Canada to form an independent, non-biased committee to conduct a hearing to examine the correlation between breast implants, autoimmune diseases and BIA-ALCL, and ensure adequate BIA-ALCL patient representation on this committee, to equalize the influence of patient safety and risk assessment;
2. Require transparency from manufacturers with regards to the chemicals utilized to create these devices, which are being implanting for a long duration;
3. Hold Plastic Surgeons to a higher level of accountability, requiring that they provide full disclosure of health risks of implants, and collect informed, written consent from their patients before implant surgery is performed;
4. Require mandatory testing of all Textured Breast Implant recipients, for BIA-ALCL;
5. Implement mandatory reporting of confirmed cases of BIA-ALCL, rather than relying on a voluntary process.