We, the undersigned, CITIZENS AND RESIDENTS OF CANADA, call upon the House of Commons to:
1. express support for human rights, civil liberties, and rule of law in Egypt;
2. support the rights of Egyptians to fair and credible elections without fear of intimidation;
3. urge that domestic and international civil society organizations, and particularly human rights organizations, can operate freely;
4. call on the Canadian government, foreign governments and parliaments to speak out in support of human rights and freedoms of the Egyptian people;
5. call on Egypt to allow UN Special Rapporteurs to visit the country; and
6. urge the Government of Egypt to end emergency law, abolish military trials, and release persons arbitrarily detained.