We, the undersigned, residents of Canada, call upon the House of Commons to:
1) Immediately amend the National Building Code of Canada, making it mandatory that all housing in any way under the jurisdiction of the Government of Canada be universal design;
2) Ensure that the Canadian Commission on Building and Fire Codes and CMHC collaborate on defining in the Building Code what is visitable, adaptable, accessible, barrier-free, and universal design;
3) Ensure that specifications for visitable, adaptable, accessible, barrier-free and universal design for the residential sector be clearly illustrated in the National Building Code,
4) Comply with United Nations Convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities on accessibility of housing;
5) Disaggregate Statistics Canada data on disability; and
6) Require that any federal funds transferred to provinces, territories, or any other organization for housing fund only universally designed housing.