The Canada Lands Company (CLC) presented a “Preliminary Master Plan for the Revitalization of the Old Port of Montreal”;
This plan profoundly changes the use of Clock Tower Quay, which runs along the river and is home to the Clock Tower, a historic and iconic monument of Old Montreal;
This plan provides for the construction of a number of buildings that would block one of the rare views of the river and increase the amount of concrete and create heat islands;
This plan involves handing over a large portion of Clock Tower Quay to the private sector for businesses, restaurants, a hotel and a multi-level parking garage, which will create serious traffic and safety problems.
We, the undersigned, Citizens of Canada, call upon Member of Parliament Justin Trudeau to order:
1) That CLC not be allowed to privatize the use of the Clock Tower Quay area;
2) That CLC revise its plan to better integrate it with the City of Montreal, particularly as regards planning and safety;
3) That CLC showcase the Clock Tower historic monument;
4) That the Clock Tower Quay area become a harbourfront pedestrian park that maximizes views of the river and green spaces while giving priority to public transit; and
5) That any redevelopment be done according to sustainable development principles.
There is no obligation on the part of any Member of Parliament to sponsor an e-petition. Neither the House of Commons nor any Member of Parliament sponsoring a petition endorses the views or information contained in any e-petition posted on this website. Moreover, they do not make any representations about, or assume any liability for, any of the information set out in any e-petition. No e-petition posted on this website is protected by parliamentary privilege until presented by a Member of Parliament to the House of Commons.