We, the undersigned, Citizens and Residents of Canada, call upon the Government of Canada to:
- Hold an emergency debate in the House of Commons on the Bob Rae report;
- Invoke the Genocide Convention, to which both Canada and Myanmar are States Parties, necessitating international action;
- Impose and enforce full sanctions against the Myanmar regime and military;
- Immediately evacuate the Rohingya refugees from the Bangladesh refugee camps at risk for cyclones and mudslides;
- Urgent transfer by helicopters and rescue boats to safer lands is required;
- Insist on the establishment of a Task Force to document evidence of international crimes (including genocide) and hold the Government of Myanmar accountable; and
- Facilitate the resettlement of at least 10,000 Rohingya refugees in Canada.